I think a calc. is what I need..?? Need some help with this goal...

This topic is 6210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a table for InvoiceItems and another table called Scans. These tables are related by ScanID.

The Scans table includes a field called Status that binds to a value list with values of: RMA, Post, Tech, and Sold.

What I need to make happen is that as soon as item as added into InvoiceItems (added to an invoice in our system) it sets the status for that item in Scans to Sold based on ScanID.

Any information on how I can accomplish this with as little lag as possible (sometimes calc. fields slow me down quite a bit) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Since you want to mark all the related records that you have selected to be invoiced, as Sold on your invoice processing script, you can have your script find the set of invoices ready to be shipped. Then you can use GTRR to display all the related items from your Scan Table. You can then use the Replace contents step to replace the status fields to "Sold"

Be sure to add in error checks to see if there are no related records etc. Also I would make sure that you make a backup copy and tinker with that until you are sure you have the script down pack. You can not undo a replace field contents.

This topic is 6210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.