Server Maintenance This Week. ×

A Script to print a Low Res PDF

lindsay

This topic is 6168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I am currently running a script to print one of our filemaker forms to pdf... it works beautifully, but the pdfs come out to about 4MB... rather large for a simple text file. Some of our clients have a 3MB limit on thier e-mail and it is annoying to have to reduce the pdf before seding it. Are there any settings I can change to make the pdf print at a very low resolution? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

This has been somewhat of an issue that people have complained about. One option would be to use a PDF creator either Adobe or 3rd party and use the print option to print to PDF.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I use Distiller to create the pdf after choosing the Save PDF as PS file in the print dialog box, this reduced the file size by about 75%1 I'm trying to automate this step and would like to specify the "save .ps file to" location based on a global field. Does anybody know how to do this? Right now I have to specify the save to location in the Print step of the script, which does not work across many users.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.