Trouble setting up 2 computer solution

This topic is 6182 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have FSA8 running on one computer, and just setup another computer running Windows Server 2003. The Windows server is in the DMZ and we opened up all the TCP ports recommended, 5003 16008-16018 even. When we start the admin console using localhost/fmi/config and enter user & password, and contnue and enter the ip address of the publishing engine, it takes a along time to get to the next screen.

Then it says to restart the publishing engine which takes a long time, and then it asks to restart the console and web server. I never get pass this point.

Is there a firewall issue we are overlooking. I also noticed if I start the admin console using

http:///fmi/config (ipaddress being the ip address of the webserver it takes a long time also. Shouldn't localhost and ipaddress in the url load just as quickly, if the ipaddress is that of the local machine.

Anyway, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

werner

Edited by Guest

Sorry for the confusion. The setup is a two-computer solution variation B pg.32 of the FMSA8_Web_Install.pdf. The WPE is on the same computer as Filemaker Server and the Computer in the DMZ has web server module and admin console installed?

Does that help?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6182 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.