Sign in to follow this  
Bodgegoblin

Ping-pong

(Semi-rant)

I find the development environment of FileMaker very linear - and it's not the way some people (including myself) work. I'm restricted to editing(and sometimes looking at) one thing at a time, with a large click-path required to get from one place to another. For example, if I'm editing a Custom Function, I have to relinquish control of the Data Viewer with a click route of 1 to test any changes, and 4 to get back to my function.

I value my physical health and like to type and use the mouse without a searing pain down my arm - the ability to map shortcuts to any menu item and have multiple instances of and/or non-modal editor windows would be welcomed.

(Oh.. and Hi to everyone :) )

I know it's a rant, but how can you test a function if it's existence/changes/ etc haven't been confirmed (by clicking ok, ok, ok).

I do much of my CF development in the data viewer (adding a couple Let variables to substitute for parameters). Only recursion testing can't be done there.

I agree, the ability to create developer menu shortcuts (especially to install standard menus) would save me a lot of grief.

I find the development environment of FileMaker very linear - and it's not the way some people (including myself) work. I'm restricted to editing(and sometimes looking at) one thing at a time, with a large click-path required to get from one place to another. For example, if I'm editing a Custom Function, I have to relinquish control of the Data Viewer with a click route of 1 to test any changes, and 4 to get back to my function.

Myeah, annoying with script maker as well.