Script Steps ignored

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a new one to me. I have two scripts which now do not work correctly. The first script is a basic duplicate parent and child record (s). The parent duplicates fine, but when it gets to the child records, something strange happens. The script is a looping duplicate, change key field (using a global to hold the new key data), go back to the first record and omit. This is supposed to run until the key field matches the global, then exit the loop. It works fine until the fourth or fifth record, the the go to record/ request(First) step is ignored as is the omit step. The loop exits with only a few records duplicated.

The second script is a looping set field xxx to "". (Clears out data from child records now duplicated. This script works fine until the third record, then fails to go to next record. It stays on the third record forever. I restarted FileMaker, but the scripts still fail. I have used these same type scripts throughout my solutions and they work fine. Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Script1.pdf

Script2.pdf

Try disabling your Set Error Capture [On] step, and in your Commit step, don't skip validation and see what happens. Turn on the debugger and step through it. Any luck?

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.