Close window in Runtime Solution

twinturbo

This topic is 6176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Folks, I have a problem with trying to close a report window shown to a user in a runtime solution because the X is dimmed out. Apparantly you can't close windows in Runtime solutions, so to fix it I will just pause the script running the report, then when the user hits the continue button I will continue the script and close the window. That's all fine, but how can I hide the Cancel button from the status area so the user doesn't invariably hit that and muck everything up ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks heaps

Regards

Paul

• Newbies

And what if you don't want to use the status area? I wouldn't mind it being displayed on the report window, but turning it on is global. My main layout is based on a table that has records that would not make sense to a user flipping through them, the related fields are updated using a self join and a global "pointer" field.

I'm stuck, does anyone know about another way?

Thanks!

Matt

You can turn the status area on right before you enter your report view in preview mode and then when they continue the script, turn the status area off again with the locked option so that they cant access it.

• Newbies

The only trouble with that technique is that while the report window is open, the status area will be shown on the main window as well. If the user switches to the main window while the report is open, they can mess around with the status area there.

I am starting to realize that I would be better off to embrace the status area instead of trying to hide it away. Next time I will try to set up my relationships and layouts in a way that is status area friendly if possible.

For now I just gave up on the preview mode and went with a form view instead.

Matt

No, this should still work in a runtime.

Make sure your script is something like this.

Allow User Abort [Off]

New Window [Name: "Report"; etc etc etc ]

Show/Hide Status Area [show]

Enter Preview Mode [Pause]

Close Window [Current Window]

Show/Hide Status Area [Hide; Lock]

This topic is 6176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.