Buttons don't work inside portals, which are placed in the header part

MacDigger

This topic is 8329 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There is a weird problem..

I have a portal, which I need to be located in the header part of my layout. Every portal line has a button with an attached script. These buttons are located inside the portal box.

The problem is that these buttons don't work! When I click on a button, it doesn't activate.

If I move the button outside the portal box, but leave it in the header part, it begins to work.

Also, if I move the whole portal to the body part of layout, buttons start working too.

So, the problem is clearly related to some "incompatibilities" between portals and the header part of layout..

I would appreciate any help on this issue!! Specifically - what is wrong with buttons, and portals in header part of layout? Is it fixable at all?

TIA,

Mike

If you are trying to perform a script in the related file (the one you are viewing throught the portal) you have to execute an external script.

you first have to create a script in the related file, than create a script in the paren file callin on the external script

This should work, give it a try

quote:

Originally posted by wirehaed:

If you are trying to perform a script in the related file (the one you are viewing throught the portal) you have to execute an external script.

you first have to create a script in the related file, than create a script in the paren file callin on the external script

This should work, give it a try

Thanks for reply, but the problem a bit different.

The script attached to the button is indeed external, but the problem is that button just doesn't work. I'm talking not about script executed wrong - the problem is that button is not "pushable". When I try to push the buttom clicking the mouse on it, it doesn't push. Actually, it acts like no script is attached to it at all.

So, that is the problem. Any ideas?

TIA,

Mike

Buttons work in a portal in the header of a form view, but not a list view. Probably something about the context of which record the portal belongs to. If you need to show both records in a portal and a list view, you will probably have to use two portals, one to show records in the current file and another to show records in the related file.

-bd

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

Buttons work in a portal in the header of a form view, but not a list view. Probably something about the context of which record the portal belongs to. If you need to show both records in a portal and a list view, you will probably have to use two portals, one to show records in the current file and another to show records in the related file.

-bd

Thanks alot!

The portal is indeed in the header of list view layout. Sorry I didn't mention it..

So I'll just make 2 portals, with several external scripts each.. Not as elegant solution as the current one, but I guess I have no choice..

But oh well smile.gif" border="0 Thanks alot for help!!

This topic is 8329 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.