Server Maintenance This Week. ×

delete specific portal row

dharkin

This topic is 6199 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks for the quick response. I believe if you use "delete portal row" it will not delete the related record. You first must prescript using "select portal row". In that selection list there are choices like: "first, last, previous and calculation". I think I need a calculation for what I need to do which is to have the user select a specific row in the portal to delete.

Thanks for your help

it will not delete the related record

Wrong!!!! it's dependent on the setup of the portal it's the second checkbox in the dialog from the top ...if it isn't should there be some scripting, where the lines recordID could be helpfull information to stuff into a scriptparamter....

But it's easiest to allow deletion, and if button then use the default dialog when you attempt to delete a portal row script step, will the user have a chance to regret what he's on about.

--sd

Thanks SD,

I do have that box checked and I can click ever so close to the

first field in the portal row which will select the whole row and at that point I can delete the portal row which will also delete the related record. But looking at the database as a new user he or she would not know to click ever so close to the portal box in order to select the whole row. That's why I thought a scripting button asking which row to delete would be more user friendly.

Sorry I was not clear

Don

I can delete the portal row which will also delete the related record

Have you been foolish with the cascaded deletes then??? It's obvious if you have a many2many structure, will it be a bad move to allow deletion of all related records related to the record show in the portal row.

With a bit of "luck" can you delete an entire table structures records, by a single press on a button ???

--sd

This topic is 6199 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.