Problem with Privilege Sets

This topic is 6167 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am serving a system on the web and would like to be able to distinguish between users by privilege set. I have defined a user name NormalUser and defined the Privilege Set as [Data Entry Only]. I put logic into my FMP Script to clear some fields when this user is encountered. However, it seems that the Privilege Set that is recognized when I logon as that user and run the script is actually [Full Access]. How is this possible???

I even defined other privilege set names to distinguish users, but these turned up as [Full Access} as well. What is the point in defining other Privilege Set Names if somehow [Full Access] is the only one that shows up???

Anyone have any insight into this?: I need to be able to get this to work soon and thought that Filemaker Pro 7/8 would give me more flexibility.

When a script has the option "Run script with full access privileges", get(privilegesetname) returns "[Full Access]".

If you need to know the privilege set that was logged in, you could store that in a field (maybe try an unstored calc).

The purpose is to confer power onto the script, not the user so that the script can do something that the user lacks privileges to do.

In some instances you can get the user's actual privilege set name by assigning a script parameter of Get(PrivilegeSetName) through the UI device that calls the script. That information can then be set into a variable at the head of the script for further reference.

Steven

This topic is 6167 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.