modifier keys not recognized

This topic is 6188 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

none of the modifier keys is recognized with Filemaker (they work fine with other programs). For example, in Layout mode, holding the option key and dragging an object usually duplicates this object, but lately this does not work anymore. Also, in a script that should recognize what modifier keys you press, none of the keys (option, CTRL, SHIFT) are recognized. I did restart Filemaker, I did not yet restart the computer - but before I do that, anybody ahs : any advice / insight?

You'd rather post to a forum and wait for an answer before restarting a computer?

Advice / insight: take the risk.

• Newbies

While I agree with Vaughan ... (restart) ... here's a thought.

Probably not your issue ... but just incase. I noticed your "Mac", if you're using an external keyboard they don't always translate keys the same. For example, I'm on a MacBook and I use and external keyboard and mouse. When using the external keyboard, the alt and options keys are reversed; therefore, I have to go into system prefs, go to Keyboard and Mouse, click on Modifier keys and reverse the two keys for option and command. Everything then works great. When I unplug the external, I have to switch the setting back again.

Help at all? probably not! :

Steve Shiver

SafariGuide Software, Inc.

Do you have Parallels desktop installed ?

What I noticed on the mac was sometimes on the mac, the cmd-c stops working (in the middle of a session) in ScriptMaker, Database definition, and calculation definition windows, but restarting FileMaker solves it.

Sorry, no idea.

This topic is 6188 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.