Barcodes-activating script from scanner

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to activate a script when the bar code scanner's trigger is pulled. Currently I can move from field to field with a trigger pull using tab order, but would like to activate a script on a trigger pull and go from field to field using scripts to check each entry rather than having to press enter to activate a script.

Using Symbol LS 2208 bar code scanner.

Thanks Steve

I set up something with barcode and magnetic ID card readers and used the eventscript plugin to trigger scripts upon scanning. Of course the scanner must embed a character to move to the next field, like a tab or carriage return. But then you set up an auto-enter calculation that runs the script and that calculation calls the eventscript plugin which triggers the script.

Hi,

I used eventscript as well to trigger a script in a POS app I recently wrote, although I believe with some scanners you can trigger scripts and command key sequences before or after the scan natively.In other words, if you have a script displayed in scriptmaker which can be activated using the following keys CTRL+1; you can program your scanner to key inm this code after every scan, thus firing your script.

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.