Server Maintenance This Week. ×

I would like to show a summary from one file in a portal of another, and can't seem too... File 1 - Orders shows each order as a single record; File 2 - Items if you order 5 red widgets and 3 b

GailyD

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to show a summary from one file in a portal of another, and can't seem too...

File 1 - [color:red]Orders shows each order as a single record;

File 2 - [color:red]Items if you order 5 red widgets and 3 blue widgets, each widget is an individual record in Items ie a total of 8 records. [it needs to be that way for other functions]

In this example, I want a portal in Orders to show the two related records with the quantity [summary] of 5 and 3 respectively; I can get the summary field working in the Items file with a self relationship but can't get that field to show correctly in Orders.

It may not be relevent but the records in Items are not created through this portal, it is just for viewing.

Item records are related to the Order record by Customer+Order#. The self relating summary in Items works on Customer+Order#+Model - do I need to create multiple keys to link each Order to any possible combination of item models...?

Hope you can help...

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.