Server Maintenance This Week. ×

problems with sliding

alextveit

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Im having problems with getting the sliding function to work. I have attached a small version of the database Im working on.

I have marked off the sections I would like to slide, based on how many extra fields have been added on the main layout. However, neither in preview mode, or when printing does it actually slide up. Am I missing something??

Any help would be much appreciated

Legal_Database_Clone.zip

Sliding moves things up the amount of space that the empty field uses. But it won't eliminate the space between fields. If you remove some of the whitespace between fields and use the Sliding up based on "Only directly above" option, you should get better results.

For best results, use a relational model, where the line items are stored in a Line Items table. Then run the report from a columnar report layout based on the Line Items table.

Thanks. Then I cant really use sliding.

I should probably restructure it into a relationship model, but right now, it seems oh so much easier just to create a few different layouts and base a print script on an IF statement depending on which fields are empty.

Thanks for the help! Its great to have a place to go to for a part time filemaker guy!

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.