Another License Key Conflict Issue...

This topic is 6161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am an absolute beginner attempting to set up what seems to me to be the simplest of scenarios - one file, hosted by Server on my computer, accessible by two people. The file has all the right permissions, it's showing up nicely in Server Admin, and also in the FMPro Open Remote dialogue, but I can't open it because I get a License Key Conflict Error.

I got all excited when I found this thread about License Key Conflicts, but unfortunately it doesn't help. Or maybe it should, I'm just too stupid/too new at this to understand it.

As far as I can tell, the Server and the Open Remote are both using the same IP address - I understood from the other thread that if they were different I'd get the error, but I thought I had everything set to 192.168.1.x. Screenshots attached. What am I doing wrong? I just want to open the file!

Any help gratefully received, and apologies if this is a dumb and obvious mistake on my part - I'm getting very disheartened that I've fallen at the first hurdle and haven't even got to the difficult stuff yet :

thumb_1179165891-remote.gif thumb_1179165877-server.gif

server.gif

remote.gif

• Newbies

My FMPro has a separate license from my Server install. I've had FMPro for months but only just got Server last week. The other user is miles away and has his own install of FMPro on his own license that he's had for years, but he's not even in the equation at all at the moment - this is just me battling against my own software.

Does Server's "Clients" window show any clients already connected (other than the OS account used to log in with)?

What is the exact error message, and at what point does the error message show up?

• Newbies

Does Server's "Clients" window show any clients already connected (other than the OS account used to log in with)?

Just the one Administrator connection (see pic below). The computer name for the Administrator is listed as Simon - I presume it's getting this info from the Windows XP login shell? As in, when I start Windows I log in as 'Simon', and as I'm the only person who uses this computer (it's my own) I have full PC-wide admin privileges. Is the problem that 'Simon' has the same IP address as 'Eric' (the name of the computer, not the login shell)? If so, how do I get around that? It's the same system.

thumb_1179174523-server2.gif

What is the exact error message, and at what point does the error message show up?

Error message reproduced below. It's telling me that I have a license conflict with user "Eric", where Eric is the name of my computer. It occurs as soon as I select OPEN after selecting a file from the Open Remote dialogue box shown in my first post.

thumb_1179174508-errormessage.gif

errormessage.gif

server2.gif

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 6161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.