FM Server 5.5 - How long to wait for stopping

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just a questions as to how long you should wait before "force quitting" a FileMaker Server. I have FileMaker Server 5.5 running on a Mac and I have issued the "Stop Server" command but it is still stating - "FileMaker Server is stopping...This may take several minutes". This has been going on for about 1.5 hours. Should I wait or just "force quit"? Before issuing the stop server command I logged into the admin interface and there were no open connections to any databases? Is there somewhere else I need to check for database activity? Any help would be greatly appericiated. Thanks

Thanks for the response. I have looked at the Events.log file and it seems that all databases are closed and it did state on 2 databases that there was a "close error: database may be damaged; try opening it in FileMaker Pro. (100001). Would it be safe to now to "force quit"?

In my more paranoid moments, I disconnect all guests then run a schedulled task to backup all files. When that's done, I close the files and stop the service. That way I know I have a good, up-to-date set of backups to fall back on if I have to force-quit the server or something.

If I need to do force-quit the server I'd replace the hosted files, no questions asked. It's not worth the risk.

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.