removing the "update today field" script

This topic is 6183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

If I change the "today" field created by filemaker to be either an unstored calc field or a global field could this screw up calcs in scripts and other calc fields? I want to remove the "update today field" script as I have a comment file with 200,000+ records in it and it takes way too long to update each morning. Thank you in advance.

If you change it to an unstored calc or global then it will no longer be indexable and cannot be used as part of a relationship. This will also cascade through into other dependent calculations and relationships also associated.

I want to remove the "update today field" script as I have a ...

This must be a migration thingy, you need to explain to us what it does a little more in detail. Since this is the maintance of a very large index, should it be done in another way from a TO away. Typically was is it back then used for tagging overdue invoices, which by todays methods probably is it best served by a multi-criteria relation.

First leg could be a found set established via a non-equijoin, while the second could be a List( made the ID's of the paid invoices, whether or not it's establised as a selfjoin doesn't really matter, but the TOG needs some working in the ties as to what they do, all it then takes is a GTRR(SO) isntead of the "Update..."

--sd

This topic is 6183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.