Sign in to follow this  
Goldstrom

testing script and stuck in loop

It is late at night and when I am tired I guess I get stupid. I'm kind of new to scripting and decided to test a script with a loop in it. It is supposed to generate an e-mail to each person in the found set. Unfortunately it is just looping through the same person. How do I get it to stop running and get in to disable it? I can't exit the program.

LGM

If you're on a PC, just close the application (keep clicking on the X in the corner of the window).

If you're on a Mac, you're stuck and will have to force-quit. This will probably corrupt the open files.

Get into the habbit of saving a copy of a file before running a looping script.

Press the Esc key (assuming you haven't turned off Allow User Abort []).

Unfortunately, I am logged into our server remotely from home. If I close the email generated by the script, it generates another and I can't get to the "x" in the corner to close filemaker. When I tried to force quit (Ctrl/Alt/Del) it brings up the task manager for my computer, which only lists the remote connection. When I try to log off the remote connection, nothing happens. If I close the remothe connection and go back it is still sitting there working. I guess I have to go crawling to our IT help desk. This teaches me not to do things in a hurry late at night without the "Bible" next to me.