Make both enter keys resume script

mikegfy

This topic is 5799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that waits for user input, and the user can either click a button, or press the enter key on the number pad to resume the script. Is there any simple way to let them press either enter key to resume the script? Also, keep in mind that i'm using windows, cause i'll bet it's different on a mac.

On a Mac, there aren't two "enter" keys! The one on the alpha pad is named "return".

You can change the fields behaviour, to move to the next field if return and enter are pressed, but this may only move focus to the button, not activate it.

My advice is to spend the time educating the users to use the Enter key to activate the script.

One thing you could do is set the return key to move between fields and then use one of the various free script triggering plugins to activate a script on field exit for the last field in the entry form.

If you really want modal dialogs, then one of the dialog plugins (not free, from Troi or 24U) would be your best bet.

• 11 months later...

I have encountered the same problem, users don't know the difference between Return and Enter, and the Enter (on a pc) just doesn't get used unless they are using a 10-key pad for data entry.

PC laptops do not have both an Enter and a Return key, what does FM do then?

Re-mapping keys via a plugin can help the script issue, but then what happens when a user wants a cr/lf?

Are there prefences that can be set somewhere in FM?

tia,

mark

"PC laptops do not have both an Enter and a Return key, what does FM do then?"

Neither do Mac laptops: on a Mac, Fn+Return = Enter. I guess it'd be similar with PCs.

This topic is 5799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.