Spreadsheet type data entry.

Greg Hains

This topic is 6144 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi.

I have two tables. One is "Job List" which is a list of jobs for clients, and the second is "Timesheets" which is used for employees to enter times against various jobs in the first database.

The layout Im using (in Timesheets) allows users to enter a single timesheet entry at a time against a single Job List job.

I want to have it so I have a spreadsheet layout (assumably a portal) that allows me to enter multiple tasks for an employee on any of the jobs inthe first table. I can sort of get this working, but am having trouble with a feature the client requires.

In the timesheet entry screen I can drop down a lookup list to the list of job numbers, but the client needs the ability to add entries to the timesheet based on a client name. Say that they dont know the actual job number but want to find it from the client name. As there may be several jobs for the same client, Im looking at doing a constrain. Problem is that this itself is "straining" my brain working out how to achieve it.

I guess in short if I can bring up a list of each job number with the client and job description, click on that row and have it enter that job number directly into the timesheet field.

Does this make sense or have I over explained/complicated it?

Greg

Ok. Ive thought of a way to simplify my requirement.

I have a layout using the Timesheet table. I want to select the contents of one field (job number) from the Job List table. However, I need to be able to display the full list of jobs from the Job List table. When I use a portal it doesnt seem to work.

How can I display a "portal" to all records in the Job List table that I can pull a job number from and "bring it back" to the layout with timesheets.

Maybe Ive complicated it even further? lol

Greg

Ticket Closed. I have worked it out.

Im not being funny or sarcastic when I say thanks for this forum. It has been of enormous support to me in my early FmPro days.

Cheers,

Greg

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I THOUGHT I'd worked it out - all I did was balls up my database. :

Anybody know of a way where I can have several users simultaneously updating a timesheet database whereby they have a spreadsheet type layout?

Greg The Desperate.

This topic is 6144 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.