lookup another field if first lookup is emtpy

This topic is 6156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I have two db for welders. The first db is active welder and the second one is inactive welders.

The inactive welders are welders that are no longer working for the company. Some of the inactive welders created welding test to verify welding compatibility between the filler metal and the the base metal. I would like to removed thesse welder from the active db and install them in the inactive db but I still need to look up the inactive welders clock number, name, and stencil number when these welding test are printed for use. That would take a double look up. Is this Possible. Every thing I have tried have not worked.

Thank inadvance

Lionel

Do I understand this correct, many criterias are working here, so if you deside to keep every welder in the same base dispite having left? Could a single attribute make you use this:

http://www.filemaker.com/help/FunctionsRef-316.html

Provided the structure really needs a lookup, a sorted live multi-criteria relation might be enough?

--sd

Hi SD

Yes, I could but the active db has a lot of active being preformed in it. I would not want to shown these welders when these active are be performed. I know I can write a find script and only show the omitted records. But it would be simplier in the long run if the welder were removed from the active db.

Thanks, I will look into what you said.

Lionel

This topic is 6156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.