Sub-Summary in Browse Mode

kmtenor

This topic is 6176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello.

I have a list of data that I want to display to users in Browse Mode, and I need to find a way to visually separate the sections of it when the date field changes. The best way I can think to describe it is that, when I build the layout with a sub-summary field that displays when sorted by date and contains a horizontal line, I get EXACTLY what I want - in Preview Mode. But I need my users to be able to interact with the data.

I have found several references to making lines appear or other layout elements change based on either the number of records that have been displayed, or on some other criteria in the current record. All of the examples I've found use a calculation field to determine when and how to change its contents (most often, the calculation field returns a container result, and the element being turned on and off is held in a global). This would work, if I could just find some way to make a field in the current record aware of the value of a comparison field in the previous record.

I'm hoping someone else has already solved this issue. I'm afraid this one has me stumped.

Thanks.

-Kevin

Interesting thought, Robert, but I'm afraid the consumers of this application are looking for a way to be able to tell - at a glance - how many items are on the list for each day. Scrolling through portals probably won't work in my particular case.

Thanks, anyway!

In FM8/8.5, you can use GetNthRecord() to look into the records above or below the current one in the found set. It shouldn't be too hard to use that to look for a change in your date field and determine the right graphic as a result.

This topic is 6176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.