Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Simple Question

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi I'm a new to FMForums and I'm also new to FileMaker Pro. I've got a simple question and was looking for help from some experienced users.

What section of the forum should I post my question in? Out of the many sections I don't see a general help/question forum. Sorry for the idiotic thread, and thanks.

Hi Pifmanm, and Welcome to the Forum.

The Forum can be confusing to figure out, when you have a question, and you don't know where it belongs. Fortunately, we have some help information that can help you, be sure to watch the video, Video

And read the Frequently Asked Questions, found under the Help button in the menu.

Here are the steps I used.

Write out my question, or problem.

Think of a logical Subject for the question. (Please, no Help Me, Newbee here, etc.)

Read your question over thoroghly, make a list of any Keywords, FileMaker Functions, or Features.

Search the Forum for all, or some of the Keywords. (you can start with two, and then narrow down your search by adding keywords. the maximum hits is 200, so when you get that number, you probably want to add a word or two)

If you don't find anything the helps, look at what area were return from your keywords. Chance are that it has at least identified the Topic Area for you.

Post your question where it seem right to you. If you miss by a mile, don't worry about it, we can either move it or leave it where you posted it. The important thing is, the most of us that answer the question will still provide help.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.