This topic is 6172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I posted this earlier, but can not review any of the comments . . for whatever reason . . so

I've just installed 8.5 and am looking for a way to view 'live' video in between 1-3 container fields. Is there any way to accomplish this feat??

Thnx

I don't think this is a Filemaker question. And it depends on where is the live video coming from, and in what format. If you can make the incoming stream look like a Quicktime file, then you can (probably) 'open' it in a container, and view it. Another option is to use the web viewer instead.

Thanks for the response. What I'm planning to do is attach between 1-3 USB cameras to my computer that support a relatively high image. I'd like each one to present itself in a container field. My assumption is that this is a live video feed and not a compressed or modified video stream.

I've not used the web viewer, do you think this could support what I need?

Again, thanks for the input.

I don't think I have the answers. I believe the container, when showing a movie, is just a limited instance of QuickTime Player. So, if you can get your live feed to show in QTP, then MAYBE you can get it to play in FM container.

This topic is 6172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.