Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need a push in the right direction...summary fields...??

This topic is 6180 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure if summary fields would be what I use for this or what, but here's the situation.

We have an Invoices table and an InvoiceItems related by InvoiceNumber. We also have a Products table and a Scans table related by ItemNumber. Scans is related to InvoiceItems by ScanID.

We have multiple conditions of the same product (new open box, factory sealed, damaged, etc). Price could be different depending on condition among other things. We add items to new invoices based on ScanID to ensure that the correct item gets pulled for that invoice. As such, if a customer purchases multiples of the same ItemNumber we have to to add each item onto the invoice on their own line item with their own ScanID.

In instances like this I'd like to be able to print the receipt for the customer so that it shows the items together on single line items when the ItemNumber and the Price are matching.

For example, say I have the following items added to an invoice:

ScanID ItemNumber Price QTY

1234 53243 10.00 1

1235 53243 10.00 1

1236 53243 5.00 1

2343 63454 12.00 1

2344 63454 12.00 1

When I print the invoice I'd like the line items to be:

ItemNumber Price QTY

53243 10.00 2

53243 5.00 1

63454 12.00 2

The receipt layout that prints right now is setup just the same way the Invoices layout is...it contains a portal to the related InvoiceItems for that Invoice.

Any information I can get on how to setup what I'm looking for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. If anybody has any tips for how to handle the whole thing better to begin with that'd be great too. It's kind of a hassle having to keep each ScanID on their line item but I can't think of any other way to do it.

I think you're on the right track, a subsummary report gathering the items ID-wise for the found set a Go To Related Record send you to in the join table - is the way to go!

--sd

Take a look at the example here:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/177621/post/209611/hl//

I have then taken myself the liberty to modify his layout so it does what you're after, which means an extra summary field on the quantity, and an extra subsummarization in the layout!

I would guess you need to tinker with the wizzard, and move fields from one layout part to the adjacent ...checking out what changes it makes to the reportings behaviour, as you see have I opposed to Johns example removed the body-part to prevent repetitions, and ushered the needed fields to the subsummary part above, and put the new summaryfield on quantums there.

--sd

joinprint1fixed.zip

This topic is 6180 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.