Student Attendance

This topic is 6187 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My application for vocational and small colleges is going well, thanks to the many articles for advice on this forum. Now, I need to add an attendance application. I need some advice and help as to which way to go.

The school attendance is set up whereby the student beforehand already knows the days and hours they should attend. It is now a matter of entering the absence and subtracting from the set hours for that day, week, month etc.

What has me is setting up, displaying the students to a calendar of months, weeks etc., for user data entry, keeping a history by year and month. Any suggestions, ideas, links to other solutions are very welcomed.

I toyed with this some years ago based on a template send to me from Veronica Palmer, member of this forum.

http://fmforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attid/9381/

The template is my take at it ...take a look at it and do not hessitate to ask questions, it's based on Edoshins Smartsummary algorithm, which for your purpose could prove wrongly chosen???

--sd

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. It took some time to get a handle but, it is a great help in the right direction. I am now in the process of finalizing the method and approval with the registrar to continue.

I am looking at this for another solution as well. Each student is assigned a rep that proceses this student. (There are only 5 or 6 reps at the most). The rep is paid additionally for the number of students they process in a given month. The day the student is processed is the month this student is added to their productivity. There are 12 months in a year so I am trying to expand the repetitions to 12 and have the month of the process date mark the particular month (in the repetitions field). Thus adding productivity on a per month basis for a given rep.

Any ideas and examples are a great help.

This topic is 6187 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.