Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker Pro7.0 v2 won't start

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've been using Filemaker Pro 7 on my eMac (using OS 10.3.9) for about 3 years, and have used it as recently as a few days ago.

Today when I wanted to update a data base, I clicked on the file, and Filemaker acted as though it was going to start. The first screen showing my name and the copyright data came up. But that's as far as it got. It closed almost immediately.

Same thing happens when I click on the application icon to start it.

I tried to reinstall the program, and I got a message saying that my key was invalid (even though I know it isn't).

If anyone has any ideas, I'll be eager to hear them.

Thanks.

• Newbies

Well, I got this solved by trashing the Filemaker folder, preferences, etc. from my original installation of the program, and reinstalling the program from the CD (this time, it took the key when I entered it, even though it hadn't taken it the first six times I tried it).

I'm still mystified how the program became corrupted (if that, in fact, is what happened), but at least it's up and running again.

One thing I took away from this is that from now on, when I update a Filemaker db, I'll export a copy to a CSV format so that I can open it in Excel in case Filemaker gets corrupted again.

This topic is 6185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.