MooPlug - Feedback Wanted

This topic is 6131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm going to try find some time to work on MooPlug (http://mooplug.com/) again soon and just wondered what anyone thought would be useful stuff to work on?

Anyone have any particular functions/features they would like me to add/improve?

Any feedback is welcome }:(

Not sure how to go about making it server-side, I'll try looking into it }:(

How exactly are you thinking about custom dialogs? How different would they be to the current ones?

How exactly are you thinking about custom dialogs? How different would they be to the current ones?

Well the main dialog that would be really useful is date range selection with drop down calendars. But you'd have to deal with differing date formats.

I.e.

Produce Report:

Start Date _______[_] To End Date: ________[_]

Continue Cancel

:iagree:

Actually you would need to make it so that it accepts the data passed even if the button chosen wasn't the default as FMP only accepts Data in a Dialog box when the default button is pressed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Mac OS X definitely.

FTP Upload and Download. Also with this in mind, background processing. There's no plugin out there now that is really background processing having to deal with files.

You cannot have to wait for 10 files to upload and download. It needs to be in the background. None of the plugin developers are getting this. Dumb...be the first, please!

Well it wouldn't be a plugin if you couldn't get a result back into FM... If you want it to happen in the background, write some applescript and execute it - this is not the purpose of plugins.

I have been looking into FTP Uploading in the background if possible. I do kind of agree with you Genx, but I would at least like to try make it an option to do it in the background.

Well the only issue is - what happens if it fails, how would you feed that back into FM... For example, any time I do a FileMaker upload, I have to return a success or fail (i use the vbscript plugin atm) and then proceed in the script based on that success or fail (retry x times and then report the error to the user if it fails after that).

Take a scenario for example where the user might do 2 or 3 uploads - okay the FTP upload processes in the background, they've just started the third upload when suddenly, a dialog relating to the first upload pop's up telling them their upload failed (supposing that a dialog would pop-up to report the error to the user). They keep clicking their first upload while not realizing the previous one had failed.

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure it would be useful, but if you integrate it in that fashion, could you add some sort of boolean switch i.e. "wait".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

1.) any kind of manual/ read-me/ how-to (most functions are obvious, but what about options/ error-codes etc)

2.) RENAME file

thanks for your work,

tsvp.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.