Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Barcode not working

This topic is 6130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I wonder if someone may be able to help with this.

We are using a database that has already been created and that has a barcode field. The database has been passed on to us and we have just installed a barcode font (purchased from peninsula) and now we seem to have a strange problem.

The old entries show the barcode fine but the field remains empty when we create any new entries : . Has anyone any idea why this might be happening? It seems strange that the calculation works for the old entries but not the new ones!!

TIA

Try changing the font size in the barcode field. It may just be too big to show up.

If that doesn't work, change the font to a non-barcode font and check to see what that result gives you in the box.

If the result that you se in say, helvetica, is what you would expect the barcode to represent then the calculation is working and it is just the display that is the problem. If the result is not what one would expect then we need to investigate your structure a little more

HTH

Phil

• Newbies

Many thanks for your reply Phil. I've had a go at changing the fonts and the fonts selection as per your instructions but this doesn't bring up anything in the new entries (they remain completely blank), it just changes those that were working ok.

I've got a screenshot to show you what I mean about the barcode suddenly not working

FM.png

As you can see, it suddenly stops working where we have added new entries. The calculation for the field is the same throughout which is why it's so puzzling. If it helps, the instructions for the relevant fields are:

Definitions.png

I'm not sure if this sheds any more light on the problem?

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I am having a similar problem. I have downloaded the Lending Library Solution and have connected a Microvision Flic scanner into the ADB port on a Mac computer. I tried to scan bar codes and the scanner registers the bar code, but the bar code does not appear in FileMaker.

I am at a loss. I have read other posts about bar code tranlation software. What else do I need to do to make the bar code reader and FileMaker Pro8 compatible?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.