Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Location of Hosted Files

This topic is 6165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to organize my hosted FM 5.5 files into subfolders. FM server should host everything in the FM server folder and one level of sub folders down. This is an inherited and poorly documented db and so I have limited info as to configuration changes. However, it seems that what I thought was the main FM server folder is itself already a sub folder as FM server will not open sub folders within that directory but it will open fp5 files. The problem is the directory in question appears to be the main directory but it also appears to be a partition on the server. How can I find out there FM server is looking for its main directory of folders to host? Or even change that directory from the default?

Thanks in advance!

I believe FM server looks in the FM Server 5.5 directory. The problem with this is this directory is located on the C drive, which is a very small partition. I noticed there was a shortcut to the directory on the D drive that was holding all of the previously hosted files. Does putting a shortcut in that directory make the folders within the target available to be hosted?

"Does putting a shortcut in that directory make the folders within the target available to be hosted?"

No.

A lot of your complaints about FMS 5.5's database hosting behaviours have been addressed in the newer versions that have been released since then. The latest is FMS 8.0v4

Yes I'm aware of how outdated my version is but we are not upgrading right now as we are actually moving away from FileMaker. And, I'm not complaining only looking for guidance!

It does seem however that putting shortcuts works as that is what I just did and it made the files available.

This topic is 6165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.