Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scripting problem: PDF to Mail

lonesomejubilee

This topic is 6161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am trying to create a button that will export to a PDF, then place in an e-mail, with the addresses autopopulating from a field. The problem is that I can get it to export to PDF and generate the e-mail WITHOUT the addresses or subject line being filled from a field with the database... and I can make an e-mail with the addresses and subject line but WITHOUT the PDF attached.... the problem is I can't seem to figure out how to combine both events into one nice tidy event.

In the scripting process, selecting Sent Mail or Save as PDF... one or the other doesn't have all the options I need. Does anyone have an idea how I could do both?

Goal is to have one button to export the text memo into PDF form, have the "RE" line of the memo be the subject line in the e-mail and pull all the addresses from a singular field into the address line in the e-mail.

Thanks....

LJ

Update your profile, you're talking about fm8'ish features!

I would try something like the above scripting - and please be aware of the cleaning up is done under Mac OS X, and you need to figure out how to do it with Send Event[ under Windows.

--sd

PDFScript.jpg

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.