Server Maintenance This Week. ×

real time inventory

This topic is 6155 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

anyone have asolution for real time barcode scanning to a field or multi fields?

here's my current situation.

I have a portable scanner that scans to its own memory, then it is placed in its cradle and data is downloaded onto the PC as comma separated values (CSV). Each scan contains 5 fields before a return.

the CSV is then manually imported into Filemaker and the invnetory database is updated.

I want to know if there are wireless solutions to update the DB in realtime as codes are being scanned.

there are such things as PDA type scanners, can these things run FMpro mobile and connect to filemaker DB and change data in realtime from scanning.

hope someone has ideas.

We are using a P370 Symbol scanner along with 123scan software by symbol. It works directly in Filemaker using the 123scan software. 123scan allows you to program the scanner to do certain tasks. Such as Ctrl-N for new record etc. It eliminates the need for synching or importing which is a plus.

I would stay away from Fm Mobile....to be nice I'll just say it Sucks.

Michael

Michael,

in your solution, basically the PC is connected to the scanner base and the scanner is acting as keyboard entries - including "ctrl n" to invoke a new record once the code is scanned.

If thats what your doing it seems very straight forward...I like it.

I guess nobody should be touching the connected PC while your scanning.

This topic is 6155 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.