Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Not seeing changes when opened remotely

This topic is 6159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a very small database that is being used by several different users, we all have our own copy with individual product numbers. The File sits on my computer, as i am the "administrator" and the others access it using remote open. I am continually tweaking the database to make it more user friendly for our purposes. the problem is that the last set of changes don't appear in other users' remotely opened files. what's going on? is there a way to force update? they are running on windows PC, but when i sign-in it gives me the correct version (and there is only one version) of the file. i don't know where/why they are getting an earlier file.

Hi,

As soon as you switch from Layout Mode to Browse Mode, or anytime you commit changes to any of the database attributes ( field, Table, Graph ), these changes are commited.

But in your case, even if you are saying there's only one copy of the file on your disk, I would do a find and seek the second 'old' copy.

Do not forget that even in the garbage, the file can be accessed, in case you throw a copy there.

HTH

This topic is 6159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.