Server Maintenance This Week. ×

thumbnail viewing

This topic is 6156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to set up a datase with 3 or 4 product shots of each entry and would like these "thumbnails" to open up into larger pictures when I post the database online. My only idea so far is to create records of each shot and have them open up via relationships with the thumbnail set up as a button. Any better ideas than to make multiple records of each product?

thanks for any thoughts!!

Wouldn't the Thumbnail AND the full-size picture be in the same record? These would be in a separate Images table (or file) related to Products. And what does this have to do with "online"?, unless you're talking about Instant Web Publishing.

Yes. You dont have to use it online. But it does create dynamic thumbnails for you. Otherwise, you would have to create two images every time. One small one and the normal sized one. You could have FM "reduce" the container field for you, but its always ugly.

http://www.360works.com/supercontainer/comparison_chart.html

If you're on a Mac, AppleScript and Image Events (built-in background graphics application, on all Macs) can do all this for free. There are many possible scenarios, so it's hard to say just exactly what the code would be, but it is all doable, and not really more difficult than a plug-in; about the same, as it's mostly about file paths. Of course, if you need cross-platform, go for the plug-in.

thanks for the answers I called Filemaker support before i posted this and they had no answers for me. This is for an online database, essentially some inventory that needs to be seen from different viewpoints. I checked out super container before but maybe I will check it out again.

This topic is 6156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.