Opportunity Knocks

Baylah

This topic is 6126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

In the industry I work in their is a software package that does some things wonderfully, and other things horribly. The things it does great are way out of my league to program, the things it does poorly are things that FMP does extraordinarily well and are within my skill set to program..

I am looking for another entreprenurial minded FMP Enthusiast (like myself) who would be interested in developing a solution that we could sell in the industry where I am somewhat of a known entity...unlike the FMP community.

This would need to be someone who has expert level FMP skills as well Advanced IT skills and a fundamental understanding of graphics based programs.

Whatever we created and sold would be split right down the middle. The potential is huge if we were able to create something that could compete with the application I am referring to which sells for around $4K per seat license.

I want to reiterate....The appliation in question does some things amazingly well...we would essentially emulate that in our own fashion....Where we would improve is on the reporting aspects which are awful and the networking aspects which frankly, suc*.

I think this is doable in FMP. The application in question is programmed on top of an open source SQL database with a GUI that was custom designed. I think the FMP graphics can emmulate all of the functionality except possibly for 1 area....This area is is where I need the expert. There would be no chance of any copywrite issues as the other application does not "reside" ontop of a program like FMP or Access. Anything that we developed would be completely unique in that aspect.

I understand this is kind of vague, but I would need to show anyone interested the application in question for this to make sense. We could do this in via a Terminal Server Environment or GO TO MY PC if anyone is interested.

The only thing that I would ask is that anyone who might want to participate sign an agreement not to compete after I tell them my specific ideas for a period of 1 year.

I think there is potentially a lot of money to made here.

Please understand...I am not looking to hire an employee at this stage of the game. I have an idea where I think a lot of money can be made. If someone who has some extra time at night or on the weekends is interested getting on board it could be a lot of fun with nothing but an upside. The only risk is that we waste some time on programming that goes no where.

Should we actually develop a saleable product we will cross the bridge of how to market it and any related expenses at that time. However, first things first...Can it even be done.

Anyone interested please contact me here or offline at my yahoo account [email protected]

Thanks,

Steve Freeman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Giffer,

I have not been on the board recently because I had a life changing event happen.

On July 19th, much to my surprise I got laid off from my day job. I didn't even see it coming. Funny thing is after it happened I started calling every contact I know and by the end of the day I had a verbal offer for a new job for more money, more responsibility but I had to relocate. For the past 4 weeks I have been dealing with that and just now I am starting to breath again. It has been quite a ride.

I had to put everything I was doing on hold. FMP is a sideline for me that I enjoy very much. But I don't have enough clients or experience to do it full time so I need to keep a day job for the time being.

Anyway..the idea is still valid, but I had no takers and now more than ever I am not willing to take on a project of this scope unless I have someone who is as exciteable as I am to the potential.

If you are interested...go to www.wilcomamerica.com and click on the link to Design Workflow 2006 to see the product I am interested in emulating in FileMaker.

With my understanding of the needs of the commercial embroidery industry combined with the assistance of an expert FileMaker Programmer (I am an advanced Intermediate at best)I think there is a big opportunity to make a lot of money.

If you want some validation about my credentials in the Commercial Embroidery Industry go to:

http://www.stitches.com/info/board.htm

and

http://www.stitches.com/issues/0307/feat3.htm

I currently have 4 systems in the Commercial embroidery indsustry that I run in a Terminal Server environment hosted in a remote data center. Customers have been attracted to what I do because I understand their needs so well. If I could come up with a "canned package" there is potential.

Let me know if you are interested in talking. We could do a web session and I could show you the design workflow software in action.

Steve

PS ooops, I just re-read the original post and I realized I listed a bad email address. Sigh...it should have been [email protected]

This topic is 6126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.