Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sound file crash bug still there

This topic is 6102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The bug in FM for Windows that causes it to crash when trying to play an imported .AIF file is still there. I can't believe that this OLD bug (since v. 6) has not been fixed yet. There is already a plug-in available that allows you to import sound files without relying on FM and QuickTime engines, developed specifically to address this bug. Shame on you FileMaker Inc.!

Piotr

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed, and they even act innocent and surprised when you bring up the issue, like they've never heard of it.

What is this plugin you speak of - I could make use of that!!

The people at FileMaker are amazing, and the opposite of shameful. They've offered us the universe, and can't spend their energy on every province. Sounds to me like you have a bad audio file that might crash other apps as well. Have you tried? I am sure if they could fix an honest issue within their constraints, they would. I've never seen a bunch of folks that are as caring, considerate, energetic and professional.

This is a known and long standing issue - not some bad audio file.

A helpful, informed, intelligent response would be appreciated (not some misguided praise like the last one)

• 2 weeks later...

New Millennium makes the Media Manager plugin that addresses the QT crash issue. Here is the link:

http://www.newmillennium.com/index.php?submenu=Developer_Software_MediaManager&src=directory&view=products&srctype=display&id=5&category=Developer%20Software

Look for the section "MediaManager Solves the QuickTime 7/FileMaker Pro Bugs on Windows" at the bottom of the page.

Piotr

This topic is 6102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.