Script to see what items each location has

This topic is 6104 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm new, so be gentle. Database created from the asset management template in FMP Advanced 9 to keep track of computer installations at 9 locations. The View Inventory script works fine. But I want to modify it to be able to click and have it present me with an inventory list as each location.

Where the script says "Perform Script ["Sort by Category Ascending"], I changed it to ["Find"; Parameter: Asset Management::Site] I can't figure out how to tell it which site I want to find the records for.

It could be that I'm going about this in an entirely backwards or awkward way, so enlightenment is encouraged.

Thanks.

Do you want to find and report on one site at a time, or do you want to just have the found set sub-grouped by site (or have both options)? They are different operations.

In any case, I don't think changing your Sort subscript to a Find would be appropriate. You might want a Find in addition to a Sort though.

• Newbies

I more concerned with reporting on one site at a time. When someone from one location calls, I would like to be able to just pop up those computers instead of sorting though everything else. There will be several hundred computers.

So how would I go about that?

Create a table with just the fields you would Normaly search for. (Make them globals if this is multi user, you might get a message about the relationship but it will have the functionality needed) Create relationships to the Table you want to search based on the fields in your new table. (You can even define the sort order). Create Layout and value lists for your new table. Create Button that uses the Goto Related Records Script step. (You can define what layout to display it with.) This method seems to work alot faster than a Find and Sort.

This topic is 6104 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.