Relationship based on "≠" - Bug in FMP 9

Marc .

This topic is 6103 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello there,

I'm not sure it is actually a bug, but I've found that When you define a relationship based on "≠" or "<>" FileMaker 9 behaves differently from 8.5

An empty field will no longer be considered different from a field with a content. It means that you always need some content in a field to trigger the relationship.

Can anyone else duplicate this=

It it a bug or just a change in the engine?

Marc, I am pretty sure that this is always how the not equals relationship worked. If you don't have a value in the field, you can't have a relationship based off of it. I tested this to make certain that there were no changes and it appears to work the same in 8.* as well as 9

Edited by Guest

An empty field will no longer be considered different from a field with a content. It means that you always need some content in a field to trigger the relationship

I'm with Ender and Sixfried here, it have laways been that way.

--sd

I think we/you need to clarify which direction you're going. The originating side must have a value, whether you use equal or not equal. But the targeted side does not need a value to be found with not equal; empty matches not equal in that direction. Seems the same in 9.

NotEquals.fp7.zip

This topic is 6103 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.