FBA Which softwares are included?

Homer

This topic is 6125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Last week, I searched the FMI website and didn't find the information I was looking for. I called a sales rep in California and she was unable to find the answer.

My question is: for a new FileMaker Business Alliance member, which licenses are included in the 'package'? I heard the Pro license has been removed!? And what about the Pro Advanced, the mobile and the lite server licenses??

Thanks in advance!

I believe what you get is FileMaker Pro Advanced. The plain FileMaker Pro is no longer included, nor is FileMaker Mobile. You are however, able to purchase further software for your own business at 50% off. That at least is my understanding. It is a little confusing right now, because former FSA Associate level members (such as myself) still received a copy of FileMaker Pro 9 this time; but just this time.

Everyone, TechNet members included, can get the developmental (3 users) version of FileMaker Server Advanced, as well as the FileMaker applications, Donations, Graphics Pack, etc..

I'm astounded that a FileMaker sales rep would not know this. I've gotten several emails and couple snail mail packets as well, not to mention web sources.

It seems to me that the single-person developer might have to pay a few more bucks, if they want a copy of plain FileMaker Pro also. But the 50% off takes most of the sting out of that. Multiple developer (or user) companies are getting a real deal with 50% off.

At least all of this is my understanding. But, you know, I ain't a sales rep, and I've already got all my software; so if I'm wrong, they'll have to set you straight :-]

Thank you very much Fenton! I understand you are not a FMI sales rep but the informations you gave to me are sufficient and clearer than what I got from FileMaker itself.

So 'FSA' was changed to 'FBA' for some reasons... Licenses were removed from the package and replaced by a discount on future purchases. Marketing, marketing!

Another missed rendez-vous for me and FMI. :

Thank you mr_vodka.

Seems to me FSA was a pretty good deal for non-certified developers who wants to get many cheap licenses and a 'title' to place on their business card. :

While FBA, for the same price, doesn't include the licenses anymore. What you got, I think, is a Pro Advanced and a 50% discount on internally used licenses.

I'm still waiting for the official informations!!

This topic is 6125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.