Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Issue with FMS 9 Server

This topic is 6127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running FMS 9 Server under Windows 2003 R2 Server. This morning I attempt to access the FileMaker server MMC-console and to my surprise my MMC-console password did not works and wend I tried to stop FMS services the services did not stop properly. This is similar to an issue of FMS7.

Has anyone had a similar problems with FMS 9 ?

Well, I don't know what you're actually trying to acces, but Server 9 does not use the MMC any longer. Server 9 is now managed through the Uniform Admin Console. It is called by entering the IP address of the machine, e.g. localhost:16000 in a web browser on the Server. This will open the UAC start page and from thre you can administer the Server.

HTH

Steven

Sorry for the mistake,

Wend I trying to access the UAC start page to administer the server it do not recognize my password. I manually attempt to stop FMS services using the Microsoft Management Console and I get an error message [ service did not stop properly ]

I am interested to know if this had happened to others or if the problem could be in my 2003 Server?

Thanks.

If you take a look in the logs for server, do they give you any additional information?

Unfortunately the only way to get back into the server now is to uninstall and reinstall. I believe the password is case sensitive so you may want to make sure caps lock wasn't on.

I'm all for security, but for someone setting up a test environment, its a pain to HAVE TO remember a password like that. It would have been nice if this could be disabled.. oh well I suppose.

This topic is 6127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.