I'm sure this is simple but anyway...

This topic is 6100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Value List looks like this:

1 = New

2 = Used

3 = Collectible

..but only enters the number, not the rest of the line. The rest is there only for the user to know which number reflects the quality.

Edited by Guest

If you put the value list items into it own table, it is rather easy. You can reference that field and display the second field next to it. You can do it without using another table but using a table to store those valut list itesm would be the easiest way.

? Not sure I follow. It's been a long day and tables are not best best suit...

I want to keep the field only 1 row high for space purposes. Click on it, pop up list shows, select value, only the number is inserted.

I'm only giving 3 values here but some have 10 - 15 values.

Create a new table. Lets call it description. There should be two fields in this table. One should be a auto-generated serial number field and the other a text field.

Create a new record for each item that you want in your value list.

1 New

2 Used

3 Collectible

4 blah

5 Blah blah

6 etc etc

Now under define value lists, create a value list based on this new descriptions table. There will be an option there to select a field which you will select your number field and also a checkbox to display a second field which you will choose the text field for.

Next go back to the orig layout and select the field that you want to add the value list for and use this value list as part of your drop down list.

This topic is 6100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.