Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Inserting a graphic into text

timcopeland

This topic is 6087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a layout that has text for a form letter. There is some conditional text that changes the length of the letter from one record to another.

I want to place a JPG of a signature close to the bottom of the letter. I can't figure out how to do that in a way that the graphic repositions itself depending on the length of the letter. By contrast, this is very easy to do in Word. Any suggestions?

Hi what do you mean by repositioning itself. Do you mean up and down only or other positions as well? If it is jsut up and down depending on the length of the letter, then look into the sliding/printing options.

• 1 month later...

Try adding the finished Form letter to a webViewer using getascss(completetdformletterfield), then substitute a placeholder like --signature-- with the corresponding image tag. Do not use <<>> als placeholder marks, since they get converted into < etc.

You cannot insert an image into a text box. Instead, split the text into two boxes and place a container field displaying the signature between them.

The first text box will have all of the ketter text until "yours sincerely". The second text block will contain the rest of the text after the signature.

[letter text

Yours sincerely]

[signature container field]

[rest of the letter]

Make the first txt block big enough to fit all conceivable text, then use sliding/printing to remove the unnecessary space.

This topic is 6087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.