Filemaker server 9 (trial) service didn't start

This topic is 6111 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I've tried to install filemaker 9 server (trial version) on a machine running windows 2003 server standard edition (R2). installation was successfull (at least, it seems so..), service was properly started and configured.

once installation ends I opened the browser (IE7 + JRE 6 as requested from the FMS installer) and a popup message promped out notifying me that Database service was not running. I clicked the option which should start that service but it kept to return the same error, as if the service was still not available, but it was running.

Anyone experienced (and solved) the same problem?

;)

Did you have any previous versions of FileMaker running on this machine?

If you have FileMaker pro/advanced OPENED during the installation, that'll cause issues as well. If that was the case you'll need to uninstall and reinstall.

I would also check the server logs.

• Newbies

I've got exactly the same problem with FMS9 Advanced installed on Win2K3 R2 server. Having successfully uninstalled v8 of the server and all the associated WSC components I installed v9 and was met with the same error message indicating that the DB server wasn't running yet looking in windows services shows that the DB server is running!

After spending a couple of hours fighting with the install trying different versions of java with no joy, I tried the install on another server (again running Win2K3 R2 server), again the install completed and again I got the same error.

This is a fresh install of the os with no previous filemaker installation. The only commonality is the version of the os. If others can report the same error on this version of windows server perhaps we could escalate this to Filemaker.

CB

I spoke with FileMaker Support yesterday after one of my clients experienced the same error. They're currently trying to gather as much information on this error as possible, such as logs and a detailed description of the machine setup.

I did read that one person was able to resolve the issue. They were getting the error on a windows xp machine. They had to uninstall server 9, roll SP2 back and then reinstall SP2, then Server 9.

Anyone thats receiving this error should contact FileMaker's support. They may not have a resolution yet, but the more information, the quicker they're likely to find a solution.

This topic is 6111 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.