Layout Organization

kaduby

This topic is 6119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was wondering if there was a way to organize layouts into folders or seperate lists. I am starting to built up databases with way too many layouts mostly for sending letters out to clients and it is becoming unorganized.

Also, I was wondering if there is a easy way to copy layouts from one database to another. Right now I only have the client version of filemaker. Do I need to purchase the advanced version?

Thanks for the help,

Kaduby

I was wondering if there was a way to organize layouts into folders or seperate lists. I am starting to built up databases with way too many layouts mostly for sending letters out to clients and it is becoming unorganized.

No there is no way to put layouts in folders. Im not sure if this is in Regular 8 as I have advanced, but in layout mode under Layouts there is an option to Set Layout Order in Advanced. Would allow you to creat a Dummy layout named -----Letters----- and group them that way. Which will help some.

Also, I was wondering if there is a easy way to copy layouts from one database to another. Right now I only have the client version of filemaker. Do I need to purchase the advanced version?

Kaduby

In layout mode Select All and Copy/Paste

Michael

Edited by Guest

Thanks for both of your replies.

AudioFreak, the dummy field improves the organization somewhat so thanks for the idea. Copy and pasting layouts is what Ive been doing so I guess that is what I will continue to do.

Vaughan, your letter merge example seems promising. I am going to look at it a little more before I start to use it.

This topic is 6119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.