Sign in to follow this  
sterling

Make FileMaker Server 9 ignore webserver port?

I have set up Filemaker Server Advanced setup and working just fine. I've got databases working over the web, but I want to do something kind of odd. The Apache web server that is hosting the web components is running on port 81 because I have a LightTPD web server running as my public facing server. I have several Rby on Rails apps being proxied through the LightTPD server. I have done the same with the Apache server but all the links FileMaker create add ":81", to themselves, thus forcing the web client to try to use that port. I want it to be going through 80.

Is it possible to tell FileMaker to not append that port number?

Edited by Guest

if it uses anything other then port 80 it has to append the port. Any address that doesn't specify the port assumes its using port 80

...Any address prefixed with "http://" assumes its using port 80 unless a different port is specified.

It uses port 81, but its getting proxied though another server running on port 80, so I do not want it to append the port number. By appending the port number it screws things up.

This has come up before. It may be that FMS 9 does not support proxy hosts.I will see what I can find out here.

Steven