Data Corruption possible with printing?

This topic is 6086 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just discovered the new 'feature' of FM Pro 9 crashing when printing..

In order to figure out potential data corruption, I kept making it crash.. and after a few tries, FM came up with the corrupted data thing/recover, etc..

So, my question is-- if this database is hosted on FM 9 Server and the clients are using FM 9 Pro, and they happen to crash when trying to print a record (you know, the print page 4-4 thing, etc.),,, is there less of chance that the data will corrupt because it's hosted by FM 9 Server?

and oh-- is there any way to figure out if there's any corruption whatsoever done to a file? I've got backups galore, it's not a problem, but I am wondering if FM crashed -once- if that's reason enough to go back to a 'good' copy and re-do the work.

Edited by Guest

Hi Ender,

I've read the posts already, so I do know it's an issue.. but I was wondering about the part I wrote regarding if it's hosted on a server and if it would still get corrupt if the client crashes while having it opened from the server..

thanks!

Ye, hosting the files in Server does offer some insulation against corruption caused by the client crashing.

If the client crashes while performing a process it can leave records with invalid or incomplete data.

This topic is 6086 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.