Open Url IWP

This topic is 6206 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi To All,

I am having problems with the open url script step cross platform. This seems to work well on osx. But have two xp machines at home with seeemingly same configurations and one will open a pdf fine and one will not. I have set block popups off and also set the enable script action on as per an FM Tech note. But still no go. I also updated to the latest browser and installed latest adobe reader 8.01 I think.

Any help much appreciated, as I have a number of people out there who have also complained on windows machines. I would like to give them a spec for how to configure.

Thanks,

Lance

Hi Genx,

Its a calculated url. It ends up like the link below.

http://webserverip:port/Jan07.pdf

I thought of spaces causing probs. But it seems none will open on one machine. It seems to run the load bar at the bottorm of the browser, but does not throw a new window or seem to download any file I can find. It does not throw up acrobat either. (I know depending on config of acrobat it can have diff. results ie load in browser or acrobat direct.)

Thanks,

Lance

Edited by Guest

Hmm, I'm stumped.

Can you replicate the result on any other machine - other than the one it doesn't work on?

What browser is being used on each of the machines?

Can you open standard site links to a new window (i.e. a link on some random website)? - I think that more likely than anything else it is your security settings causing the issue...

Hi Genx,

Thanks for that, I agree that I think the security settings could be the problem. My strength is on the mac and not the xp machine ;) So not sure about what security setting impact. I tried to turn the security level down to low and make the IP a 'trusted' site all to no avail.

I will try the other things you suggested such as putting in the url directly into the browser. (good idea)

I will report back and thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Lance

This topic is 6206 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.