Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

"Live" Validation

This topic is 6235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I have set up a field to validate its content through validation by calculation. The validation condition works except not quite the way I wanted it. What I want is upon completion of entry in this field and when tab or return/enter is pressed, the data would have already been validated. As it is now, it only validates after all the data are entered, or click on anywhere (even after the field to be validated has been entered) on the layout other than any field. I hope I am making myself clear. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

That's the way it works: fields are only validated after the data entry has finished, which is when the cursor is moved to another field, or when the record is committed.

Thanks Vaughan,

I set up Tab, Return and Enter as keys to go to next object. By right, after I have entered the data in a field, and upon pressing any of the keys (Tab, Return or Enter) above to go to the next field, it would have performed the validation for the field last entered, right? But in my case, this is not happening, the tab key or return/enter key will actually lead me to all subsequent fields without prompting validation message when wrong data was deliberately entered. However, if I move the mouse and click anywhere on the screen, the validation message will appear, even before entering the subsequent field. Am I missing something? Thanks

This topic is 6235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.