Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Some table occurences not usable for calculation context?

This topic is 6229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What is the determining factor as to what table occurrences can be used for a calculation context and which cannot? I am currently trying to design a calculation that uses a specific context but the table occurrence I wish to use is not present in the context dropdown window.

Can anybody throw me a hint?

Thanks for the suggestion. there wasn't really anything in the video I didn't know already.

I went home frustrated over the issue. I later looked at the problem from my home computer and could then magically select the correct TO for calculation context. I was struggling with that thing for a couple hours at work, it just didn't make any sense to me. a bug? reboot needed? dunno. but whatever it was, I wish I could replicate for demonstration. oh well.

What is the determining factor as to what table occurrences can be used for a calculation context and which cannot?

Well one straight and simple answer is, the importance of being on a layout/TO where the needed fields of a certain TO's is tied or belongs to!!! It's pretty easy to make a layout with the wrong TO underneath.

--sd

Yes, it's all too easy, when defining a calculation, to forget that this one needs to evaluate in a different place than the usual ones, because it is accessed during a script, which may be in an entirely different table occurrence group (TOG) at the time it's needed.

It is good to glance up to that "Evaluate this calculation from the context of:" box when you're getting into complex calculations with more than one TOG possible. It is also visible in the Field list ("from" TO).

This topic is 6229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.