Like a Twilight Zone Episode....

This topic is 6114 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All -

I have some really weird stuff going on with plug-ins in FileMaker Pro 9.

Here it is....if I remove a previously installed plug-in from the FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced Extensions directory and then start FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced up, the plug-in that was removed is still showing up in the Plug-ins list under preferences and all the functions of the plug-in are available in the Calculation engine.

I have completely deleted the plug-in from my computer and it's still showing up in FMP9Adv. I even restarted the computer with no change.

I haven't tested it with FMP9 just FMP9Adv. Also, I am running Windows XP and the plug-in was originally installed using the AutoUpdate feature of FileMaker Server 8.

I searched my entire computer for the plug-in to see if it was stored someplace secret that FileMaker 9 might now use. The plug-in doesn't exist on my computer.

Any ideas?

In FM9 the AutoUpdate function now places the new plugins in a different location, i.e. in the User's Home folder where he/she has write permissions.

These locations are:

Windows XP:

C:Document SettingsUser NameLocal SettingsApplication DataFileMakerExtensions

Windows Vista:

C:UsersUser NameAppDataLocalFileMakerExtensions

Mac OS X:

Macintosh HD:Users:User Name:Library:Application Support:FileMaker:Extensions

The old location is still valid. When FM starts up the plug-ins are loaded from both locations, and the ones in this new location have precedence.

Good luck!

This topic is 6114 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.