Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Elapsed Time

This topic is 6094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have 2 fields - both type: Time - one is time in and the second is time out. I would like to have an email notification sent if the time out has not been modified within 4 hours of the time in field. Is there a way to do this without requiring any user action?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Welcome to FM Forums!!!

I have deleted your duplicate post; they aren't necessary. Please post only once and I assure you your post will be seen by everyone and you'll receive help if at all possible, as quickly as possible. Thank you! :smile2:

You could do this fairly easily if the Time Out was set by a script, run from a button. But this would likely only work well if the Time Out was being set to the current time, or from pre-set choices (also buttons).

There is a script step, Send Mail (near the bottom of the script steps). It has all your usual fields, to:, subject:, body:, etc.. If you check the [x] Perform without dialog choice (lower left) it will send immediately, if you have Apple Mail as you default email client (on Mac), or Outlook on Windows (though it may pop up a message; I haven't done the "send without dialog" on Windows myself). It will also work with other email clients, but may not send immediately.

But, as I said, it's a script step. Which means a button to run it. Another solution to that little problem is to use one of the (free) events plug-ins; zippScript or EventScript. It is not very difficult to have the script run when someone leaves the Time Out field after entering it (though you might want to set up tests so it only ran once, in case someone modified the field again, or just entered it for no real reason?).

This topic is 6094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.